Monday, December 29, 2008
A: A small medium at large.
Is sloppiness in speech caused by ignorance or apathy ?
I don't know and I don't care.
Every man has one thing he can do better than anyone else - and usually it's reading his own handwriting.
-G. Norman Collie
Smile it's good for your health,
Wednesday, December 24, 2008
God is just a good ole boy – the Great Santa Claus in the sky.
God is just a nice ole grandpa rocking in his heavenly chair
God is just the spare tire that we take out whenever we have to have it
God is just a nice guy
God is our friend
• God’s Law is to be feared (we are afraid of His Law)
• God’s Law is ancient
• God’s Law is impossible
• God’s Law is stern
• God’s Law is strict
• God’s Law is harsh
• God’s Law is demanding
• God’s Law is unsympathetic
• God’s Law is severe
o But God is friendly, nice and good
Even though we say we believe in God’s Law our flesh still thinks…
• Happiness comes when we break God’s Law.
1 Jn 5:3 – His commandments are not burdensome
• We have no reason to be afraid of them
• The misuses of God’s law are burdensome not the correct uses that we are going to talk about today.
Ps 112:1 – Blessed (or happy) is the man who…
• Fears the Lord (Not the one who fears His law)
• He delights in His commandments – true happiness comes from delighting in the law of God.
Vs 2 – Even your descendants will be mighty and happy if you delight in God’s Law
Vs 3 – Another benefit of delighting in God’s Law
Vs 6-7 – It doesn’t look like God’s law is something to be afraid of.
• Which one of the kids can quote Ps 1?
• “His delight is in the Law of the Lord”
• He’s blessed when he delights in the Law of the Lord…
• NOT when he walks according to the advice and the ways of the wicked.
o In spite of what our flesh promises – true happiness only come when we delight in God’s Law.
In Ps 119
• The Psalmists says 9 times that his delight is in the Law of the Lord
o (vs 14,16, 24, 35, 47, 70, 77, 92, 143)
• He also says in Ps 119 that….
o His Law is wondrous
o His Law is the basis for hope
o His Law is a comfort
o His Law is a source of peace
o His Law is the basis for…
• Understanding and wisdom
We have to be stupid to not desire and delight in God’s Law
• You got to be an idiot to NOT want more of God’s Law in your life
o Prov 10:8 says, “The wise in heart will receive commands, But a prating fool will fall.”
“prating fool” in Hebrew means a fool of lips
Basically means a bumbling idiot
Before we get into the basic functions of God’s Law I want to talk about…
3 ERRORS people make in dealing with God’s Law
• 3 basic unlawful attitudes of man
1.) Substituting man’s law for God’s Law
2.) Misusing God’s Law as a works-righteousness and justification
3.) Ignoring God’s Law even though you know it
Substituting it, misusing it or ignoring it
Substituting man’s law for God’s Law
• Humanism (autonomy)
Misusing God’s Law as a works-righteousness and justification
Ignoring God’s Law even though you know it
Those are the misuses of God’s Law
1 Tim 1:3-8 – The Law is good…
• ONLY IF one uses it lawfully
• What if one uses it unlawfully?
o IT IS BAD
God’s Law is bad if you use it unlawfully
• Our misuses of God’s Law can make His Law bad.
• There might be a lot of people who believe in God’s Law but those same people could be those who make His Law bad because they use it unlawfully
Saturday, December 20, 2008
You can hear Lindsay Williams, Chaplan for three years on the North Slope in Alaska tell the truth about oil.
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Friday, December 12, 2008
Bible Law Course
This web site contains a Ten Commandments Bible Course and a large number of related Bible Studies focused on the Ten Commandments; the United States in Bible prophecy; and even the Book of Revelation. The picture at the upper-left is Moses as found in the Chambers of the House of Representatives. On the upper-right Moses and the Ten Commandments as found on the east side of the United States Supreme Court building in Washington, D.C.. For more information click on the pictures.
1. The Ten Commandments and their explanation. The listing of the Ten Commandments in Exodus and Deuteronomy take up just one half of one page in your Bible. (Just 1% of Deuteronomy.) Deuteronomy is the fifth book of the Bible. Books have three things; (1) A title, (2) a Table of Contents and (3) chapters. This listing is much like a ten chapter book's Table of Contents. To understand a whole book you must know more than just the title and brief half page Table of Contents. Deuteronomy's chapters are Moses' explanation of God's Law. Most Americans think they know the Ten Commandments, but most Americans, even the Clergy, have never, ever had these commandments explained to them.
2. Deuteronomy was quoted by Jesus Christ more than any other book. Think a moment, if you do not know and understand Deuteronomy, then how can you understand Jesus when he quotes it?
3. About 71% of the Bible is about government. Deuteronomy and many other books of the Bible were written by heads of state (presidents, governors and kings) not by clergymen. We offer proof. Check it out for yourself.
4. ALL of America's social, economic and health problems are cause by the violation of God's Law. ALL these problems are solvable by the application of God's given laws. Other solutions will not work. These laws from God for the good of society are recorded in Deuteronomy, explained by Moses, confirmed by Jesus Christ, taught by the Apostle Paul, rejected by today's churches and politicians.
5. This Bible Study is not about 'Personal Salvation'. (We will leave that to your Pastor.) Rather, it is about National Salvation, and a national code of conduct. The 'other side of the coin'. The rest of the story. You will not be asked to attend, join or donate to any group, church or organization.
6. In 1892 the United States was a Christian nation. The United States was founded a republic by Christians. Most of its citizens are Christians. One national song, My Country Tis of Thee identifies Jesus Christ as our king.
7. Historically, America's basic moral code has been The Ten Commandments. In this Bible study we will show that each and every commandment, all ten, have been a part of our legal system here in North America for almost 400 years!
8. This course offers proof from history, from governmental documents such as State Constitutions and even from our highest court, the U.S. Supreme Court. You can read it for yourself.
9. America is mentioned in the Bible. Some have called this "the greatest discovery of our age," but this is not new information. It has been known by many for well over 200 years. The Old Testaments Prophets wrote about America. Jesus kingdom parables describe America. Keep and open mind and check it out for yourself.
10. America has enemies who know and understand The Ten Commandments and they use this information against us. The Doctrine of Balaam is the basic weapon they use in their effort to destroy Christian America. Every Christian needs to know how this works. Every Pastor should warn his congregation. Once the Doctrine of Balaam is explained, any child can understand the trick.
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Monday, November 17, 2008
September 5, 1774 October 22, 1774
October 22, 1774 October 26, 1774
May 20, 1775 May 24, 1775
May 25, 1775 October 29, 1777
November 1, 1777 December 9, 1778
December 10, 1778 September 28, 1779
Declaration of Independence Continental Congress
Presidents of the United States in Congress Assembled
September 28, 1779 July 6, 1781
July 10, 1781 November 4, 1781
November 5, 1781 November 3, 1782
November 4, 1782 November 2, 1783
November 3, 1783 November 2, 1784**
Richard Henry Lee
November 30, 1784 November 22, 1785
November 23, 1785 June 5, 1786
June 6, 1786 November 13, 1786
Arthur St. Clair
February 2, 1787 October 29, 1787
January 22, 1788 January 21, 1789
Thursday, November 13, 2008
The first year results are now in: Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent, Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent; Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)! In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent.
Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not! (And criminals still possess their guns!)
While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since the criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed. There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the elderly.
Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns. You won't see this on the American /Canadian evening news or hear your government or members of the State Assembly amd Ottawa parliament disseminating this information.
The Australian experience proves it.
Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws affect only the law-abiding public.
Take note Americans and Canadians before it's too late!
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Noah was a drunk.
Abraham was too old.
Isaac was a daydreamer.
Jacob was a liar.
Leah was ugly.
Joseph was abused.
Moses had a stuttering problem.
Gideon was afraid.
Sampson had long hair and was a womanizer.
Jeremiah and Timothy were too young.
David had an affair and was a murderer
Elijah was suicidal.
Isaiah preached naked.
Jonah ran from God.
Naomi was a widow.
Job went bankrupt.
John the Baptist ate bugs.
Peter denied Christ.
The Disciples fell asleep while praying.
Martha worried about everything.
Mary Magdalene was...well, you know.
The Samaritan woman was divorced, more than once.
Zaccheus was too small.
Paul was too religious.
Timothy had an ulcer...AND
Lazarus was dead!
No more excuses now.
God can use you to your full potential.
Besides---you aren't the message, you are just the messenger!
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
January 4, 2008
Mortality statistics sometimes show a drop during a doctors' strike.
• 1. One example often cited is that of a monthlong strike by Los Angeles County physicians in 1976, during which the mortality rate for patients was seen to drop by 18 percent. But a 1979 study in the American Journal of Public Health showed that the overall area death rate remained unchanged, as enough personnel remained on duty to handle the real emergencies. Any seeming benefit to patients' health likely resulted from about 11,000 fewer operations (presumably elective) being performed that month than was typical, meaning that an estimated 50 to 150 patients who could have been expected to die didn't.
• 2. A four-month Israeli doctors' strike in 1983 was found to have some definable effects on public health - the percentage of cesarean sections increased somewhat, and one study suggested hypertension patients might have received worse treatment - but no observed impact on mortality. Nonetheless, the popular wisdom saw the work stoppage as a disaster: a detailed study of public perceptions afterward found that nearly one in four urgent-care patients (or their relatives) felt the strike had resulted in major health problems.
• 3. A 1984 doctors' strike in Varkaus, Finland, mainly meant fewer visits for colds and stomachaches; no significant harmful effects to the public were seen, researchers found, and the uptick in visits after the doctors returned to work suggested that patients were glad to have them back.
• 4. Another key example used to support the proposition that fewer doctors means fewer deaths comes from a June 2000 article in the British Medical Journal written during another Israeli strike; the author reported that in the three months after doctors walked out death rates fell significantly in affected cities. However, her data was by no means the result of a scientific study but consisted mostly of anecdotal reports from funeral home directors, who claimed they'd seen "the same thing in 1983." What is known is that, as in the LA strike, many thousands of elective surgeries were postponed but emergency rooms and chronic care departments remained open.
• 5. In 2003 a SARS outbreak closed four hospitals in Toronto, and all non-emergency services were suspended. Among other things, this led to the canceling of a quarter to a half of joint-replacement surgeries, 40 percent of cardiac surgeries, and as much as 93 percent of some outpatient procedures. The result? The greater Toronto area did see a slight dip in mortality rate relative to the prior two years, but so did the rest of Ontario, and the decrease wasn't statistically significant anyway.
So despite media suggestions to the contrary, doctors' going on strike doesn't seem to have much effect on the death rate one way or the other, and any reduction seen is probably the result of postponed or canceled nonemergency surgeries. And that figures: any surgery is risky, and some common procedures (like coronary bypass or aneurysm repair) have a death rate you just can't ignore. But leaving the tummy tucks out of it, most elective surgeries boast a pretty serious payoff, either in quality-of-life improvement right now or in medical trouble avoided down the line. If 600 people die each year as a result of hip-replacement surgery, does that mean the 200,000-plus patients that pulled through were fools to go under the knife?
Thursday, September 25, 2008
How to determine if your vitamins are natural or synthetic I want you to have a way to determine whether your vitamins are natural or synthetic.
I want you to have a way to determine whether your vitamins are natural or synthetic. The following list, will help you determine what you are paying for with your hard earned money.
Most Dangerous Things to Look for In a Multiple Vitamin and Mineral Supplements
*Synthetic vitamin A as Lemon Grass, Palmitate, Acetate or if source not given on the label.
*Synthetic Vitamin B-1 as Thiamin Mononitrate, Thiamin Hydrochloride
*Synthetic Vitamin B-2 as Riboflavin
*Synthetic Vitamin B-6 as Pyridoxine Hydrochloride,
*Synthetic PABA Aminobenzoic Acid
*Synthetic Folic Acid as Pteroylglutamic Acid
*Synthetic Biotin as d-Biotin
*Synthetic Choline as Choline Chloride & Choline Bitartrate
Here is an example of deception on a label Vitamin B-1 Thiamin Hydrochloride and Brewer’s Yeast, it’s Synthetic B-1 with a pinch of natural B-1 from Brewer’s Yeast. The health food store will play up the yeast when 99% of it is from Synthetic B-1
*Synthetic vitamin C as Ascorbic acid, calcium ascorbate, sodium ascorbate
*Synthetic vitamin D as Irradiated Ergosteral (Yeast), Calciferol
*Synthetic vitamin E as “DL-Alpha tocopherol”
*Vitamin F Essential Fatty Acids, do not use Omega 6 and 9, only use Omega 3 is safe
*Synthetic vitamin K as Menadione
In Judith DeCava's book, The Real Truth about Vitamins and Antioxidants, she defines a vitamin as "a complex mechanism...of functional, interrelated, interdependent components. A vitamin consists of, not only the organic nutrient(s) identified as the vitamin, but also enzymes, coenzymes, antioxidants and trace element activators." A vitamin complex is not simply an individual chemical or several chemicals. It must contain all factors that make up the vitamin in its entirety. Just like a car is not four tires, nor a wheel, nor an engine, but rather it is a "car" when all parts are complete and working together.
If you want a more complete list eMail me, Ken@MakeMeYounger.com
We are in this crisis because of an excess of artificially created credit at the hands of the Federal Reserve System. The solution being proposed? Mor
ABOLISH THE CENTRAL BANK AND THE CENTRAL BANK AND TRADE CARTEL AND THE CENTRAL GOVERNMENT THAT PROTECTS THESE CRIMINALS
We are in this crisis because of an excess of artificially created credit at the hands of the Federal Reserve System. The solution being proposed? More artificial credit by the Federal Reserve. No liquidation of bad debt and malinvestment is to be allowed. By doing more of the same, we will only continue and intensify the distortions in our economy - all the capital misallocation, all the malinvestment - and prevent the market's attempt to re-establish rational pricing of houses and other assets.
Friday, September 12, 2008
1. Standardized natural vitamin complexes
2. Standardized plant-derived mineral
3. Standardized plant-derived Phytochemicals
4. Sourced with individual nutrients specifically identified and labeled
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
Topic: Wealth and the Christian
The problem of dishonesty in work and labor is a difficult one to address because it is often the case that the first one "lied to" is the liar himself. He is dishonest in his work and labor, and in order to do this most effectively, he must be dishonest first with himself. Remember that the truth about yourself is not seen by looking into your own hearts; the truth is found by looking into the mirror of the Word (Jas. 1:24-25). The Word of God is the only solution to self-deception.
That said, honest work belongs to the Lord. "Honest weights and scales are the Lord’s; all the weights in the bag are His work" (Prov. 16:11). This means the Lord identifies with honest work. The weights in the bag are His; the nails in the wall are His; the repair job is His—provided it is done honestly.
If God identifies with honest work, and honest business, then why is there any problem? Why is there any lure to dishonest work? We live in a fallen world. Sin is attractive, at least at the beginning, and this can include Christians. "Bread gained by deceit is sweet to a man, but afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel" (Prov. 20:17). Learning honesty therefore means learning to taste the gravel early.
The simple do not learn this, and listen to the call of a foolish woman. "'Whoever is simple, let him turn in here'; and as for him who lacks understanding, she says to him, 'Stolen water is sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.' But he does not know that the dead are there, that her guests are in the depths of hell" (Prov. 9:16-18). Again, there is a sweetness at the beginning of dishonesty and deception, but the end is a calamity. Often people learn how "sweet" it is to be dishonest in early life, in their school work, but the end is hell. It is a "sweet deal" -- all the benefits, and none of of sweat.
Dishonesty comes to a bad end because a sovereign God hates it. "Diverse weights and diverse measures, they are both alike, an abomination to the Lord" (Prov. 20:10). The word abomination here refers to something disgustingly wicked. This sin is right in there, in God’s sight, with sodomy (Lev. 18:22), bowing down to idols (Deut. 7:25), or witchcraft (Deut. 18:12). "Diverse weights are an abomination to the Lord, and dishonest scales are not good" (Prov. 20:23). A dishonest man is therefore a wicked man. "The wicked man does deceptive work, but he who sows righteousness will have a sure reward" (Prov. 11:18). The wicked man cuts corners.
It should not be surprising that dishonesty frequently involves "tomorrow." "Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth. Let another man praise you, and not your own mouth; a stranger, and not your own lips" (Prov. 27:1-2). Not completing work on time is dishonesty. Not completing it on time the way you said you would, or with the quality you promised, is dishonesty. If you are good for it tomorrow, then let another say so. This is something they can do based upon your past performance, not upon your promises. The future is infinitely malleable, and that is why dishonest workman are constantly saying that they will get to it "next week" for sure. No question. And then when they are a no show again, and you finally catch them on the phone, the appeal again is to "tomorrow." But this is understandable. There are only two ways to go -- into repentance, or into tomorrow (which always has its own tomorrow).
Dishonesty has a big mouth and brags. "Whoever falsely boasts of giving is like clouds and wind without rain" (Prov. 25:14). Although this is a proverb concerning claims of generosity, we may apply to other forms of "giving" as well. This person is all hat and no cattle, all foam and no beer, all gong and no dinner. He is clouds and wind without rain. People boast vainly of how much they will give, how much they will earn, how much they will do, how much they will accomplish. But when we come to count it up, not much is there. Other forms of bragging show up as well. "'It is good for nothing,' cries the buyer; but when he has gone his way, then he boasts (Prov. 20:14).
When dishonesty begins, the end is perversion. And of course, another form of dishonesty corrupts the courts directly. "A wicked man accepts a bribe behind the back to pervert the ways of justice" (Prov. 17:23).Posted by Douglas Wilson - 6/12/2008