From Feeding the Whole Family by Cynthia Lair
1 medium carrot
1 medium zucchini
2 lettuce leaves
1 medium ripe avocado
10 rice wrappers
juice of 1 medium lime
1. Julienne or coarsely shred the carrot and zucchini. Thinly slice the lettuce and avocado.
2. Soak rice wrappers, one at a time, in a pie plate or cake pan filled with warm water for about 15 seconds or until they are softened but still firm to the touch. Lay on a hard flat surface.
3. Place a couple of avocado slice on the top third of each rice wrapper. Top with the rest of your veggies. Not too much, don't over-stuff them!
4. Squeeze 1/4 teaspoon of lime over the vegetables.
5. Working quickly, fold the edge closest to you over the filling and pull the filling in. Fold the sides toward the center, then roll closed. Repeat for remaining rice wrappers.
6. Place rolls in a dish, cover, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: Experiment with any of your favorite organic veggies or add a protein for an extra energy boost!